Regional Institute Of Ophthalmology
The Ophthalmic hospital at Thiruvananthapuram was established in the year 1905 with Dr. Joseph as the first superintendent. The mantle was taken over by the royalty with Dr. L.A. Ravi Varma since. Many generations of Ophthalmologists and patients have since walked the hallowed corridors of the GOH. Most of the senior Ophthalmologists in Kerala are alumni of this institution. Located ideally in the heart of Thiruvananthapuram city, well connected by rail road & air.Upgraded to Regional Institute of Ophthalmology in 1995. Caters to patients from southern districts of Kerala, South Tamil Nadu Also patients from neighboring countries like Male, Sri Lanka etc. Bed strength 250.Imparts PG training to more than 40 postgraduates, 200 MBBS, 30 ophthalmic assistant students and Nursing students.